Wednesday, July 22, 2009

How Could I forget this day..

“Are you liking it….. I think its too salty….” I was trying to tease my princess.
"I am loving it... Do you like to have some... "She was enjoying .. a bowl of sundae all for herself. She spent next few minutes.. trying to feed me some... and nearly half of it was on my face.. with all the colorful creams, I looked liked a Kathakali artist.

On our way back home .. All of the sudden ....

"I want to buy a gift.."
"Gift.."... I asked in total confusion...
but by just looking at her face.. I could never say no... moreover... I have never turned down any of her request..

At Archie's...

On that particular day I had the pleasure of being a doorman, nearly for an hour.. She was never letting me in.. Through the door I could see how my little mouse, was sneaking every look and corner for the gift..

I forced myself in when she was at the cash counter....
"Can I have a look at your gift..Please"
I got the ready made answer "No"saying this, she hid her new found gift so well that I could clearly see that it was a red color clock.. which had the shape of an apple, a beautiful one indeed

"Its 353 Sir"... Cashier..
As I was pulling out few hundred rupee notes..
"I shall pay the bill...." and she pulled out her beautiful purse, All I could see was a two, ten rupee notes.. and many coins in it. She started to pick the coins one by one. To make things easy for her, I simply collected 3 three rupees from it..
"That's it.. that's the cost of your gift.."

As we reached near the house .. stopped.. again..

"Now, what .. you want to go somewhere else.. "I asked with a cunning smile..but this time...my darling was serious.. she came closer and shouted...
"Happy Birthday,...This is for you .. please open it and say how the gift is"

I collected it though it was not my birthday..
My brain was flooded with emotions ... and eyes was so moist..that I could barely see her.. My heart was so overjoyed.. There was a big lump in my throat and I was unable to speak... with so much of emotions at a time.. I was confused..

I did the simplest thing.. just lifted her up.. Only to be hugged again...and trying to keep her close to my heart.. I started to walk again...


It was that day I realized how good one feels when some one express their liking or love...

1 comment: